I am well over 50, but photography and you all keep me young and going. I love what I do and giving it my all has gotten me to where I am today in just a few years. I do not use any substitute photographers or editors, it's me you get from beginning to end. I mainly shoot high school seniors right now. Recently, I have started taking portrait and sports pictures in my studio as well and can't wait to take yours. See "studio photography" in my location options. It has become quit popular with local sports teams and dance schools.
I pride myself in giving it my all in order to not only produce photos I am absolutely proud of but turning your shoot into a special occasion you will not forget. I have no limits. I will gladly go into the river, hang on the edge of a cliff, or travel to a destination to get the pictures you have always dreamed of. Happy to advice on this.
I take my time getting to know everyone, shooting your session and personally editing each and every picture individually. I used to be a graphic designer and have worked with Photoshop for many years. I deliver a high quality product on which I spend way too many hours on perfecting and retouching, and am honestly really proud to have my name attached to.
I have a photography permit to shoot at all of my listed locations. I take pride in making sure I am allowed and welcomed into my locations. Please contact me at least a week prior to your shoot to ensure I have reserved a spot at these locations.
I love my photography career and I really love getting to know and capturing different personalities and stories. I would love to capture you and your story.
- I was born in Suriname (South America), moved to Amsterdam (The Netherlands) at 17 years of age and to Denver in 2010. Colorado is my home now and I don’t ever want to leave. It is beyond gorgeous here !
- I have 3 nationalities, which makes renewing passports quite a traveling task.
- I speak 5 languages and sound like a foreigner in all of them.
- I am married to an American from New Jersey. I met him in a bar in Amsterdam.
- I have a master’s degree in European Politics – which is not very useful in the US.
- I have home schooled my kids ever since we moved to the U.S. They are now both in college.
- All my income from my photography business goes to sending my two sons through college right now. In 4 more years they will graduate and if I make it that far, I'm buying myself a luxe SUV :D
- You will always recognize me at my locations, as I ALWAYS wear white shorts at all of my summer portrait shoots. I know – just one of those things I’m known for and can’t undo :D
- Won Best of Children Photography Group Award twice for Inspire- Digital or Not Fine Art Photography Magazine.
- Featured on 500px – with over 224,000 views
- Over 5000 followers on my facebook page. Over 1700 on my IG page.
- Several features and publications in Senior Year Magazine, Inspiring Teens Magazine, Senior Szn magazine and Senior Muse 2019/2021.
2023 Senior MagazineHow to prepare for your shoot
This year's senior magazine is available for free as an online version to browse through. Every year I try to feature as many seniors as possible in my magazine and give essential information for new seniors on how to prepare for your senior photo shoot. New clients who have booked a shoot with me will receive a printed copy of this magazine in the mail.
2021 Seniors Features Magazine2021 seniors photos and stories
This year's senior magazine is a big one. I photographed many seniors last summer. It was too many pages to add to the introduction magazine, so I created a separate magazine. See some featured seniors with some of their pictures and some Q&A information about them. Great way to get some ideas for your shoot. Free to browse via the link. You can also purchase a printed magazine via the link.
Behind the scenes photos
Many thanks to all the parents and other entourage fans for sending me BTS photos taken with your phones of shoots. Keep 'm coming, I will try to add them all. It has been fun capturing you all !